Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting ready for christmas
















Our Thanksgiving was great. We cooked way to much food of course. Our turkey was the best I ever had. I was watching Rachel Ray and some chef on there said if you want a juicy Turkey you should brine it in sweet sea water( put your turkey in a cooler with water kosher salt and sugar)for 24 hours and then deep fry it. Wow was it ever juicy.





After eating a late lunch we went on a four wheeler(quad) ride in the snow. It was raining a little when we started and the it turned into snow which made for a wet, soupy, cold,and fun ride. we rode for about two hours It was a beautiful ride.





Normally the girls and I stay home the day after Thanksgiving and stay in our jammas(P.Js)and decorate the house for Christmas. The girls call it "Jamma Day" This year I thought I would be adventurous and and go shopping for some jeans for Leigha and I. Walmart had them for $8 and we really needed them so I thought why not how busy could it be. Boy was I wrong. I felt like a cow in a cattle shoot. People were running through the door.It was crazy. You would have thought they were giving away things for free. I got hit in the heel twice by a cart. This was my first "black Fri." experience and it will be my last.



No comments: